Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Talk About Stadiums  (Read 116 times)

themalkman

• View Profile
Let's Talk About Stadiums
« on: August 14, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • So Death Zone Season Two! has some pretty cool rules for stadiums.  I'm not going to bother to list them out, but the gist is that there are 4 tables of 6 stadiums, each with unique little twists on the standard blood bowl pitch.

Many of us have tried them out and had some fun. Some pitches have an impact on the flow of the game, others just contribute to winnings. I think there's a great variety and the fact that a 6-8 roll means you'll be playing in a regulation stadium means that they won't be played in all the time.

The residency rules haven't been tried out in our league yet, but I really think that we should give it a shot next season. There are definitely stadiums that are more suited to certain teams and I think it would be fun to see coaches attempt to claim a residency in those stadiums. The coaches will still have to roll a d6 at the beginning of the game to determine who gets to choose, then roll 2d6 on the stadium chart. Only getting to play in their own stadium if they don't roll 6-8. The opposing coach gets 50k in petty cash, which is cool.

Losing a residency is as easy as having a high d8 roll after a loss, whether you played in the stadium or not.

I think owning stadiums is something that can be discussed as well, but I like the idea of trying residencies out for a season before allowing coaches to purchase stadiums in a more permanent fashion.

I quite like the stadium rules and would be happy to see them implemented next season, especially with the residency rules.

The only rule I don't like about stadiums as written in DZ2 is that coaches can only play against each opponent in their own stadium once per season. I would just get rid of that, as it's unwieldy to track and not that big of a deal.

What do you guys think about stadiums in general and residencies?
    • Favourite game(s): Blood Bowl

CookieMonster

• View Profile
    Re: Let's Talk About Stadiums
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • I rolled 6-8 three times and the other time effect never came up.

Darkshadows

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • Haven't gotten to try it but I've read them and I think it would be a cool new feature.

innerdemon

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 06:59:50 PM »
  • Publish
  • I really enjoyed the stadiums I played in for the cup. The open trap doors had a definite effect vs Southern Hospitality, as I stuffed 2 vampires in a hole. Another time the LOS moved around a little which was interesting for a fast team like mine.

The game vs the The Experimentals had a shoddy jail and gobo's who got the boot for fouling were able to come back into reserves.

Both matches it added something a little extra that was memorable. They were a lot of fun. I am a fan of these.

• Currently painting: Underworld!
    • Favourite game(s): Blood Bowl
    • Regularly plays: Blood Bowl