Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Season 14  (Read 211 times)

innerdemon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Season 14
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Bbloc,
         We are nearly complete the playoffs for season 13. We want to get feedback on season 13.

What are your thoughts on the past season? What did you like? What would you like to see different?

A few things that have been mentioned to the commish team.

1. Shorter season
    2. Address the front loading of matches at the start of the season.
    3. Keep TV closer
    4. Address cherry pick/dodge
    5. End of season redraft having a bigger impact.

We want to get things rolling the first week of December.

• Currently painting: Underworld!
    • Favourite game(s): Blood Bowl
    • Regularly plays: Blood Bowl

sazooman

• View Profile
    Re: Season 14
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:51:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • I beleave  this will work  since the last couple seaon feel like they have drag on a bit to long and keep tv closer will allow the newer players  to enjoy the game like many of us do. Cherry picking i can see has been a issue  i do understand  there are some ppl u do not want to play due to  personalty can conflicte or rubs u the wrong way it happens not everone can get along  .but this league is about haveing fun and meet new people which why i love this game so many good ppl . The redraft having to really pick and choose who stay and gose add more depth to the game which is awsome more challanges to over come .anyways im not good a this type stuff i hope u get what im saying :)

innerdemon

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:42:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • 45 views and no further comments? We need your feedback to help craft the next season.

jessq

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • i would like to see a format where we could play two teams, a ranked team for playoffs, and just for fun team that just in cups or own league to not interfere with ranked playoff teams ranking. and i would also like to see a more set schedule to make playoffs, so loses count for u making it or not

Warashes

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • The redrafting at the end of a season didn’t feel like we had to make many hard choices if you played a lot of games. I thought it would have played out that most lower TV teams would be able to come back with all their players and higher TV teams would have to make some tough decisions.

The seasons are pretty long. We used cups to test out the new rules. I’m tempted to say to shorten the season, we just do a midseason cup, challenge or feature. ie Sponsored games for a week. If you play a match during this week, you can take a sponsorship. This gives coaches a way during a shorter season to try and increase their treasury to recover from the loss of players. This of course depends on if we’re adding the various new rules in.

Suggestions: if we have another situation where we have issues with certain cards like what we had with the blue deck, would it be possible to do a “preseason” week of games? During which coaches can test out their roster and teams and we can do a trial run with the rule changes. People can get a better sense of what the issue is or see what the likelihood of it occurring is.
    • Currently painting: Blood Bowl Necromantic

innerdemon

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 11:25:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • This is the basics of what we are purposing for season14

Both will run at the same time.

1. Legacy team division - this will be open league play following the format we had for season 13. Any team is eligible to play. The main focus here is to allow coaches to continue playing high tv or teams beyond 1 season. Lots of games for those who choose to. This will have its own playoffs. End of season redraft. The leagacy league will have no effect on the Premier division.

2. Premium division. Rookie teams only. I want to see everyone play each once/or close to it. (12-15 matches, averaging 1/week) The schedule will be broken into 3 sections by month. Everyone finds out their schedule for 4 games. Once those games are played, then you have to wait for everyone to catch up. Then the next months matches are released. This should minimize the tv difference, stop teamsfrom drifting behind.

With this structure, we avoid teams mass playing games, everyone stays around the same TV and minimizing the cherry picking/dodging we have seen with a tradition Open format.

We will need to come up with a system to work out if people drop out.

There will be no cups this season (as there are no new rules to test) and redraft at the end of season will have a bigger impact.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:33:19 PM by innerdemon »

jessq

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • sounds great

sazooman

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 03:49:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • Agreed

Darkshadows

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 06:55:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • It would be kind of cool if at the end of the season the two winners (one from each division) assuming they are not the same person face off in like a final game. Similar to how normal sport playoffs work just it would be free play division vs standardized division victors. Just a thought. The two divisions does seem like a good idea because it lets you play two different teams if you want which can keep interest going and allows us to have a more ranked division while still being able to play games that matter in the other division while waiting for our ranked games.

Warashes

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 10:49:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • I’d be in to try this format out. I do agree with the Overall champion match between winners of both leagues if they are different people.
    • Currently painting: Blood Bowl Necromantic

innerdemon

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • Format seems to be agreeabletomost I have discussed with. No one has been in vocal opposition.

Other considerations - special rules ( sponsorship, stadiums, balls, refs)

To keep it simple it would be easy to allow a coach a limited 1 time use of the sponsorship during the season ( both leagues)

For stadiums/balls this is an easy one to continue using. Each coach would roll on the ball/stadium charts.

The referees I am in different about. What are people's thoughts?

Start date - we want to get started right away (dec. 3rd)

Darkshadows

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • I think for the more standardized league we should just do stadiums and a one time sponsor. Then in the more open league we could do optional ball (if both players agree) and then stadiums and a one time sponsor. I personally don't really like the refs.
    For the stadium it would be cool if at the first game of the season everyone rolls for a stadium three times and then picks one and keeps that throughout the entire season and then at the beginning of games you would just roll off and whoever rolls higher is the home team. Even if we only used this in the open league I thought it would be a cool idea. Gives you a sense of your own place. Or doing something like the blood bowl game where you can just buy upgrades for your stadium as the season goes on.

Jack (new)

• BBLOC Commissioner
      • View Profile
      • Maelstrom Gaming Mats
    « Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • Referees have had little interest as well from.my end as well.  Balls and stadiums I agree are full of a little extra fluff, as well as the fact the ha e a pretty good shot at being normal a good majority of the time.

Cards leave them as they are currently.  To avoid a small future issue, even though not everyone has them, once the new cards are released in a couple weeks just utilize them if you have them. If you don't no pressure. That's the nice part of random in  a way. The only ones I am not a fan of are the custom cards from Warhammer world and blitz mania and the early bird.  For various reasons but the largest being no one but maybe a few even have these cards let alone all the cards so there is that disadvantage. I will remedy this eventually. Information incoming once I actually have a moment to focus.

The only other proposal I would suggest and it leads back to Lair asking about drop outs.
    If it's an early drop out in the season easy to adjust we just rub that team off our lists of play.
    After a certain amount of games in (undecided yet) the coach who has avoided playing the games within the time limits or whatever process is at hand enters a a loss. The coach(s) who were unable to obtain the game with that coach would receive 1 cp, 1 CAS, 1td and 1mvp, single roll winnings and no fame adjustment.
    On a first offence of ducking a game or bed sitting g as I call it. Any situations after would have to be looked at but with our coaches and players I can't see this being of an issue hopefully anyhow so approaching further situations isn't an issue nor hopefully will it be. A bridge to cross if it comes to fruition.

I have updated the match reports to facilitate a better and cleaner experience.

Other than that, the outline Lair has mentioned  we all seem positive about the setup.

I would think playoffs would be the top 50% of the coaches according to placement in rank.
    Crossing over from open to structured for a finals would and could be problematic. TV differences could be as bad as 1200 to 2200 I  such a scenario and that would a) make for a shit type game for the extremely lower TV potentially b) circumvents the issues we have with TV disparity we want to avoid as it is.
    Structured would be a full playoff semi etc.
    Open league would have a top 2 head to head for season  open league trophy and bragging rights of ball kicker in open league.

I probably forgot something I wanted to suggest, and it's 4am anyhow so spelling is probably garbage as well.

Jack

Coaching
    The Salty Tyrs